learn a new recipe today, pesto pasta but with milk added, thus i named it milk pesto. I'm curious about taste when I saw milk is used for pesto, usually pesto sauce is just nuts, garlic, herbs and olive oil.
let's see what's for the recipe 看一看材料
Ingredients | 料
1 small onion | 1 个小洋葱
1 cup skim milk | 一杯脱脂牛奶
1 cup chicken stock | 一杯鸡浓汤
2 slices luncheon meat (original recipe is bacon) | 2 片午餐肉 （食谱用培肯）
salt and black pepper | 盐和黑胡椒
1/2 bowl elbow macaroni | 半碗通心粉
pesto sauce | 香草酱
1/2 cup parsley | 1/2 杯芫茜
1 tbsp basil | 1 汤匙羅勒
2 clove garlic | 2 瓣蒜
1 tbsp almond (pine nuts on recipe) | 1 汤匙杏仁
2 tbsp olive oil | 2 汤匙橄榄油
Parmesan cheese | 帕瑪森起司粉
To make pesto sauce, just blend all ingredients together with blender.
Procedures | 步
- Chop the luncheon, onions. 把午餐肉，小洋葱切碎
- Fry the luncheon in a large pan (enough for macoroni). 先把午餐肉小洋葱炒（用个大的平底锅）
- then add in onions and cook for another 10 minutes. 放进小洋葱，煮十分钟
- Add in stock and milk, simmer for 10 minutes. 加入鸡汤和脱脂牛奶， 煮十分钟
- after that, add in macaroni and simmer for further 10-15 minutes or till cooked. 放入通心粉，煮熟，大概十到十五分钟
- lastly add in pesto sauce.最后， 放入香草酱
[source: TOM BRIDGE, 1998. Potato & Parsley Soup with Pesto, What's Cooking , Pasta]
the recepi had been motified due to ingredient availablility, portion and own preference.
is it better cook the pasta seperately before, half cooked paste would be nice.